Essential Services & Programs (ES&P) is an industry leader in providing drivers' safety programs for all types and sizes of organizations. Our training reduces the frequency and severity of automobile accidents, thus reducing payments made by your insurance company. Claim payments equal higher insurance premiums.
Our training reduces the frequency and severity of automobile accidents.
Our Driver Safety Programs are comprised of:
- Management Training
- Driver Safety Awareness
- New York Defensive Driving
The first step is to complete an accident analysis of all past accidents. After that, ES&P will:
- Complete an in-house review of hiring procedures; forms used; management procedures; vehicle maintenance programs; safety checks and reports.
- Analyze the corporate structure and chain of command.
- Train management who will be responsible for the Vehicle Safety Program.
- Provide direction to structure and initiate an Accident Review Committee.
- Encourage the structuring of a Driver Safety Award Program.
- Formulate a corporate vehicle and driver policy.
Driver Safety Awareness
Our meetings with drivers are designed to address specific problems and solutions often encountered. This typically includes:
- Proper judgment of stopping distances and tailgating.
- Problems in backing up and recognizing special hazards of backing into specific situations.
- Speed; road conditions and vehicle control.
- Road positioning; keeping to the right and how to eliminate blind spot hazards.
- Driver impairment problems; i.e.; drugs and alcoholic beverages.
- Vehicle checks and defects reporting procedures by drivers; as well as logs and documents that should be maintained.
New York State Defensive Driving
ES&P is designated to provide insurance reduction programs that can help drivers:
- Save 10% off the base rate of their liability; no-fault and collision premiums for three years.
- Reduce up to four points on their driving record.
- Learn life saving; safe-driving techniques and new motor vehicle traffic laws.
All point reduction and insurance benefits apply to the principal operator of each insured vehicle. For larger groups, programs can be held at your location.
For additional information on our Driver Programs,
please call Marie Schlichtig at 516-773-8653.