To address a client's total needs, we couple claims management with tailored safety programs and focused loss control efforts. The ultimate goal? To help you gain greater control over claims and reduce workplace injuries while enjoying substantially lower insurance costs.
The ultimate goal of our safety programs?
Providing you with substantially lower insurance costs.
At Essential Services & Programs (ES&P), our professional staff is adept at conducting on-site loss and accident experience analyses that identify accident trends, problem areas and departments. Typically, our recommendations include implementing a variety of activities to reduce accident frequency and severity for both general liability and workers’ compensation coverages. These activities include working with you to:
- Structure a Corporate Safety Policy geared to reduce accident frequency and severity.
- Develop procedure guidelines for employees who perform functions that are most likely to result in an accident or injury.
- Train supervisors on how to conduct an accident investigation and remove underlying causes of accidents.
- Provide instruction for assembling a safety committee.
- Conduct facility safety audits to identify potential accident causes and OSHA violations.
- Provide instructions on how to have an interesting and effective safety meeting.
In addition to the above, ES&P will provide your organization with written reports and recommendations for improvement. Depending on our findings, we may also provide applicable safety materials, such as booklets and other handouts. Finally, we are available to administer the above activities and provide safety presentations whenever necessary.
In addition we provide:
- Safe Lifting Training
- HAZ-MAT Training
- Fork Lift Training
- Blood borne Pathogens Training
- Safety Videos
Claims Management Programs
At ES&P, we are able to help you increase profitability by exercising a greater degree of control over your claims.
Greater control over your claims means an increase in your profitability.
In performing our claims management services, we start by reviewing workers' compensation claims and deciding whether they should be reported to the appropriate insurance company or, if they seem minor in nature, to be treated as a first aid claim and medical services paid by the employer. On an ongoing basis, we will:
- Make available and review quarterly reports provided by the insurance company;
- Discuss reserves with the insurance company;
- Review each reserve to make sure it is in order;
- Attend workers’ compensation hearings and provide direction and counsel as needed;
- Analyze all loss runs as to their accuracy;
- Report our findings along with our recommendations quarterly;
- Make three point contact within 48 hours to the:
- Follow up with the appropriate insurance company to guarantee that claims are settled promptly and fairly.
On occasion, ES&P will also recommend alternative facilities for treating injuries, rather than sending your employees to a hospital emergency room.
In addition to providing Claims Management Services, ES&P is also available to:
- Provide an experience modification analysis.
- Examine past claims reserves and unit statistical cards.
- Analyze frequency and severity of claims.
- Submit any non-compensable subrogated claims and clerical errors in insured’s favor for revision by Workers’ Compensation Rating Board.
- Recalculate current and past workers’ compensation experience modifications.
- Collect on your behalf any outstanding return premiums from past and current insurance carriers.
- Offer a fee based on a contingency agreement.
It’s a proven fact our safety and claims management coupled together reduces workplace accidents and reduces insurance costs.
For additional information on our Workers' Compensation Programs,
please call Marie Schlichtig at 516-773-8653.